Tuesday, May 14, 2013

PPIF Book 1 - Storyline (2)

And the story continues...

Pg 50-51 The Game of Looking-Glass Chess
Pg 52-53 The White Pawn
Pg 54-55 The Fourth Square
Pg 56-57

Alice tells the Red Queen that she wishes to play a chess game. The Red Queen appoints her to be the pawn of the White Queen. The White Pawn goes two squares ahead - with this in mind, I composed the tune with a skip of notes Middle C - E - G. The fourth square belongs to Tweedledum and Tweedledee (aka 'my fat boys' by the Red Queen). The twins are very 'contrarywise' in everything. I have composed this tune based on this special character of the twins. I like this composition very much. I hope you will enjoy this as much as I have challenged myself to compose this tune which 'contrariwise' in notes, articulation and dynamics!

Bars 9-10 move in opposite direction to bars 1-2
Bars 11-12 move in opposite direction to bars 3-4
Bars 13-14 move in opposite direction to bars 5-6
Bar 15 moves in opposite direction to bar 7
Inevitably, I have to end on the tonic/key note.
The legato notes of Tweedledum are contradicted by Tweedledee's staccato notes.
The dynamics is also 'contrarywise' by Tweedledee!

Enjoy teachers! Please look out for pages 56-57 and pages 58-59 post coming up next!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment